Summit Preparation Manual
Not sure how to get ready for the Summit this year? We’ve got you covered. Below you’ll find an exhaustive (barely) checklist of to-dos that we lined up for you to use if you’re in doubt. Check it!
- Set a goal – figure out what it is that you truly want to achieve by participating at the Summit then, plan for it. Whether it’s attending a certain keynote speech or collecting the most giveaways, it is worth to set a goal. There will be a multitude of knowledge, skills, connections or potential friends for life to gain. Think about it, then get it.
- Learn some icebreakers – not only know what to say when someone approaches you, but know how to strike up a conversation yourself! Here’s a cheat sheet for you to use:
- How much does the bear weigh? Enough to break the ice!
- This tuna looks delicious, should I try it?
- Hey, you! Talk to me!
- Will you be my friend?
- Gear up – a Zuckerberg like outfit is all fine and dandy but it’s best to get some auto-promotion going. Wear a t-shirt with your company logo on it, print out a bunch of business cards, wear a hat with your favorite JIRA plugin (nudge, nudge… BigPicture…), or at least a sticker of your favorite folk band on your laptop.
- Get a demo – there will be a ton of exhibitors at the expo hall for you to abuse with your questions. Make sure to get the best out of that time and ask for a product demo or at least a product catalogue or a brochure.
- Stop by our booth – we’ll be at booth G18! Come meet us! We’ll have candy! Actually we won’t because of some ridiculous safety rules… I mean how can candy be bad? It’s candy after all… right?
- Jot it down – grab a pen and a notebook. Write down everything that you find interesting or draw something that caught your eye. If you decide to draw a person, make sure they’re bald. It’s really difficult to draw hair.
- Learn new dance moves – there will be a chance to rock out at the Bash so make sure your dance game is up to date. The ‘Sprinkler’ or the ‘Dice Roll’ dance moves are quite old by now. Look up the ‘I Lost My Wallet’ or ‘It Wasn’t Me’. You can always twerk if you have to…
Hopefully these will come in handy at the time of need. If you need more info, do not hesitate to contact us!